Explora is EBSCO’s interface for Schools and Public Libraries. Designed to meet the unique needs of its users, Explora supports both student research and classroom instruction with the following features:
- Simple search that quickly delivers relevant results
- Easy-to-browse categories organized by popular topic
- Topic overviews that provide students with a starting point for research
- Colorful, mobile-friendly design with feature areas that provide context to students
- Reading level indicators (Lexile® Measures) to simplify discovery of grade-appropriate content
- Text-to-speech for HTML articles to assist struggling readers or those learning English
- Curriculum Standards Module to help educators correlate EBSCO content quickly and easily to Common Core, state- or province-specific curriculum standards
Middle Search Plus contains full text for more than 150 popular, middle school magazines. In addition to the full text, this database offers indexing and abstracts for nearly 200 magazines. All full text articles are assigned a reading level indicator (Lexiles). Full text is also available for thousands of biographies, historical essays and student pamphlets.
Primary Search provides full text for more than 70 popular, magazines for elementary school research. All full text articles included in the database are assigned a reading level indicator (Lexiles), and full text information dates as far back as 1990.
The Watch & Learn Library is an essential classroom tool because it:
- Builds knowledge on all curriculum topics
- Expands vocabulary across the content areas
- Engages and inspire children with real-world footage
- Presents concepts that are developmentally-appropriate
- Supports ELL, Spanish-speaking students, and beginning readers